|Region:||North East England|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term|
Fixed Term Contract
3.90 per hour
An exciting Apprenticeship opportunity is now available in the Council’s ICT Team.
This team deals with all aspects of Information, Communication and Technology supporting the various business functions of the Council.
Activities within the Team include
· Providing a first line support help desk for all users
· Liaising with Northgate, the Council’s IT partner, to resolve more complex issues
· Managing the Northgate IT contract and other 3rd party system suppliers
· Supporting Council departments in enhancing their business capabilities by extending use of IT and taking advantage of new products being brought to market.
The initial role for the successful applicant will include help desk support. A calm manner and existing knowledge of the principles of network security, internet firewalls and Microsoft Office products will be of benefit. Training will cover a number of Helpdesk tasks and access to various systems to allow the necessary experience to be gained towards your qualification.
Over the course of this initial year development opportunities will also be presented.
Interest and experience of web site design and/or use for Sharepoint would also be beneficial.
For further information regarding this post please contact Julie Wilson, Organisational Development Advisor on 01429 523548.
Closing date: Friday 4th October 2019
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Have you read the Application Guidance and GDPR Statement on this website?