Security Officer - Relief
|Salary:||£9.15 / hour|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Ensuring the security and safety of warehouse stock, premises and colleagues for the world's leading on-line retailer.
Working in a modern, fast-paced fulfilment centre, you will carry out a range of duties including:
• Managing access control for employees, visitors and contractors
• Patrolling the site on foot to deter and detect stock loss
• Conducting bag and body searches using hand-held metal detectors
• Screening people using walk-through scanners
• Dealing professionally with incidents including positive searches
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Maintaining records using computer- and paper-based systems
The distribution centre operates 24/7 and as a member of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues as required. This is a relief role and hours of work and shift patterns will vary and can include days and nights.
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in security
• Five years’ checkable history and references
• To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards
The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
• SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence
• First Aid qualification
• Experience in a similar role
Full training, uniform, health and safety equipment, on-site refreshments and free car-parking are provided.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?