Project Manager - 2556
|Location:||Any UK Site|
Digital Project Manager
Job Description and Skills
Support and Service Solutions UK (S3 (UK)) has a strong pedigree of innovating to improve the experience and value we provide to our customers. Over the past years we have invested heavily in toolsets to this end. We now recognise the need to enhance our existing toolsets and to integrate them to support the delivery of our future business strategy.
We are looking to recruit a Digital Project Manager who will also provide Business Support/Development, to roll out the digitisation strategy (Digital Integrated Operational Support) to enhance our current and future business needs. The primary role of the Digital Project Manager is to provide leadership, executive direction and control of the day-to-day management of the Digital IOS programme. Working in partnership with Leonardo Helicopters, GE Aviation and key industry partners/Specialist SME’s to ensure the successful development and implementation of new ways of working, new tools and techniques and the “Digitalisation” of the S3 UK business.
Key attributes of the role are:
- Champion of change, performance and process improvement within S3 UK
- Ensuring goals, progress and direction are communicated within the S3 business
- Providing drive and creativity to the design, development and implementation of Digital capability
Key Responsibility Areas
The Role will be accountable to the S3 Digitisation Lead for:
- Identifying funding options with robust business cases in order to support the Programme into the future
- Agreeing with internal functional representatives all resource funding and allocation thereafter to ensure achievement of design, development and implementation plans
- Monitoring of resource expenditure to ensure that resources are available and utilised in the most cost-effective manner
- Ensuring that any appropriate internal or external business, project and product reviews and relevant reports are co-ordinated with the appropriate functional support and disseminated accordingly
- Managing reviews and reporting mechanisms, covering performance, schedule and cost to ensure the necessary project visibility to the S3 UK Executive Leadership Team
- Liaising with IT, Security and Compliance to ensure the programme and the partnership satisfies all internal business requirements
- Ensuring that all processes, governance and infrastructure are in place for long term sustainability of the programme
- Ensure that all Sub contract management activities are co-ordinated with the appropriate internal functional support
- Support the development of a digital culture within S3 UK
- Driving change and improvement for the entire Digital IOS programme
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required Essential:-
- Experience in leadership and team management skills to supervise, coach, train and motivate teams
- Adaptable and innovative – open to new ideas
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Project Management experience in a Digital Domain
- Excellent literacy & numeracy skills
- Team worker used to working in multi-disciplinary environment
- Demonstrable experience of multi company collaborations or partnered working environments
- Experience in delivering transformation or change programmes/projects
- Experience with/knowledge of cloud infrastructure and secure cloud infrastructure solutions
- Experienced in or with Agile development practices
- A strong Design thinking ethos and approach
- Demonstrable experience of delivering modern and innovative digital technologies and digitally enabled business approaches
- Regular short duration UK & European travel is required.
- This role can be based at Luton, Edinburgh, Bristol or Southampton.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
Why join Leonardo?
At Leonardo you will enjoy a range of benefits, such as flexible working, an award-winning pension scheme, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) as well as training opportunities and an employee referral scheme.
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: http://www.uk.leonardocompany.com/people-careers/people/company-benefits
|Contact Name:||Recruitment Team|
|Telephone:||0845 373 1409|